AlterCiné Foundation Documentary Film Grant
Grant amount: up to $10,000 CAD
Every year, AlterCiné Foundation awards one grant of 10,000 Canadian dollars and a few 5,000 Canadian dollars grants to filmmakers to assist in the production of a documentary project.
The grant is aimed at young filmmakers born and living in Africa, Asia or Latin America who want to direct a film in the language of their choice that respects the aims of the Foundation.
AlterCiné Foundation particularly supports documentary films that dare to go against the tide, that take the side of the defenseless and question common assumptions by giving a voice to the voiceless, enriching our understanding of the world and helping us reflect on the possibility of changing the world from a perspective of peace, justice, equality and respect for differences.To apply, eligible filmmakers must:
1. Download the application form from https://www.altercine.org/html/en/programme-de-bourses.php
2. Include a synopsis in French, English, or Spanish (max. 5 pages) that describes the content, characters, situations, theme as well as the treatment and style of the project;
3. Send a Vimeo link of a previous completed documentary work;
4. Include a detailed production budget for the documentary, as well as a financing plan which includes the Foundation grant and other sources of proposed or assured financing;
5. Present two support letters from partners, NGOs, groups or associations supporting the project.
And submit all application materials to the email address provided at: https://www.altercine.org/html/en/programme-de-bourses.php